Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tales of traffic holligans

I spent much of June out of the country on business. When I got back in early July, I noticed a remarkable increase in law enforcement targeting sport bikes. I personally got pulled over 3 times over the July 4th weekend. Each stop was nothing more than a short conversation that ended with the "ride safe". I was a little put out over the stops - I was well within the posted speeds, all my lighting works properly, my bike is properly tagged, etc. At best I was going 5 over the speed limit on 2 lane highways. Not exactly what one would define as the bastian of illegal vehicle activity.

I phoned a rider friend who is a State Highway Patrol Officer. He told me about the statewide crackdown - and to expect more scrutiny when I ride a sport bike.

He sent me this link of a news story that ran while I was out of town - attached is the link.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_061608WAB_motorcycle_stunts_I-5_SW.da04f5b.html

All I have to say is - WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?

No comments: